Thursday, March 5, 2015
Selection of Poems of Emily Dickinson
A word is dead
When it is said ,
Some say .
I say it just
Begins to live
That day .
- Emily Dickinson ( 1830 – 1886 )
At least – to pray – is left – is left –
O Jesus ! in the air –
I know not which thy chamber is ,
I'm knocking everywhere .
Thou stirrest earthquake in the South ,
And maelstorm in the sea ;
Say , Jesus Christ of Nazareth ,
Hast thou no Arm for Me ?
« Emily Dickinson »
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We never know we go
When we are going –
We jest and shut the door –
Fate – following –
Behind us bolts it –
And we accost no more .
- Emily Dickinson
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I’m Nobody ! Who are you ?
Are you – Nobody – too ?
Then there’s a pair of us .
Don’t tell !
They’d advertise – you know !
How dreary – to be – Somebody !
How public – like a frog –
To tell one’s name – the livelong June –
To an admiring bog !
« Emily Dickinson »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« BUZZ »
I heard a fly Buzz – when I died –
The stillness in the Room
Was like the stillness in the Air –
Between the Heaves of Storm
The Eyes around – had wrung them dry –
And Breaths were gathering firm
For that last Onest – when the King
Be witnessed – in the Room –
I willed my keepsakes – Signed away
What portion of me be
Assignable – and then it was
There interposed a Fly –
With Blue – uncertain stumbling Buzz –
Between the light – and me –
And then the Windows failed – and then
I could not see to see .
« Emily Dickinson »
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A word is dead
When it is said ,
Some say .
I say it just
Begins to live
That day .
- Emily Dickinson ( 1830 – 1886 )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment